Contract terms: 40 hours per week or as required,30 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
Yarrow Heights School is a mixed SEN day school, providing an integrated therapeutic model for pupils aged 7-16 whose needs cannot be met in mainstream provision. We work in partnership with local authorities and parents to provide the right social, sensory and educational framework to allow children to flourish who might otherwise be unable to attend school. Our unique model offers an Enhanced Curriculum across an Extended Day, and our in-house therapy team provide a personalised plan for each child.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Controller or a Junior Financial Director keen to progress their career by moving into our small, but perfectly formed team. You would be reporting directly to the Head Teacher, and in your capacity as Clerk to the Board of Directors provide regular submission of financial reports and projections to the Board. Your key responsibilities are to oversee all the financial functions of this rapidly developing organisation including monthly Management Accounts, Cash Flows, Project Management and business analysis. You will be supported by the Financial Assistant Lead and be part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Key features of role will include:
- Preparing monthly management accounts and regular Cash Flow Projections
- CapEx and Project Management
- Oversight of Payroll
- Budget construction and monitoring
- Management and submission of statutory financial components including audits, taxation, investor payments and external reporting.
- Management of capital expenditure projects
- Establishing financial policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be studying or fully ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified or qualified by experience. As an individual you will be a strong team-player who is passionate and professional, with a positive can-do attitude, and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. You will be required to have an exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy with the ability to provide clear, concise written and verbal presentations.
We are looking for extraordinary people to join our team. We look forward to meeting you!
- A highly competitive salary, depending on experience and relevant qualifications.
- A school which puts children, a calm environment, and staff wellbeing at the heart of their agenda
- Being part of an Ofsted OUTSTANDING School (Nov 2022) to share in best practices from other professionals, and help lead an exciting and fast paced organisation on its journey to excellence.
- Company pension
- Free Lunch
- On-site parking
- A cohesive team of professionals who work together collaboratively and communicate effectively, keeping pupils at the centre of everything we do.
Find out more:
Please look at our website yarrowheights.com/career-opportunities where you will find a full Job Description and application form.
To apply for this role, download and complete the application form found at yarrowheights.com/career-opportunities and return it to email@example.com
Closing Date: 9th June 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the advertised date, therefore we recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced check with the Disclosure & Barring Service and at least 2 references which cover the last 3 years, and we will need to request references from where you have previously worked with Children. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our Schools.