Due to exceptional upcoming demand, we are looking for an SEN teacher, who:
- Has experience teaching in a school setting, ideally working with children in an SEN setting
- Is committed to supporting children and young people in their learning and promoting aspirational values and a passion for lifelong learning.
- Has a degree or similar level qualification and/or experience in teaching maths up to GCSE, in maths or in a subject with a high element of maths.
Personally, you will:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Be extremely self-motivated
- Have a secure understanding of safeguarding children and equality.
- Be reliable, resilient with an excellent attendance record
- Be a strong team player
Looking for and exciting, vibrant and Is this you? Then we would welcome your application!
Why work for Yarrow Heights?
We can offer you:
- A competitive starting salary from £40,000 OTE
- Experienced and friendly colleagues and a leadership team who put a calm environment and staff wellbeing at the top of their agenda
- An experienced integrated team of therapists supporting pupils and staff
- A cohesive team of people who work together collaboratively and communicate keeping pupils at the centre
- A pension
- A Free lunch
- Free parking
About us –
Yarrow Heights School is a mixed 7-16 independent SEN day school for children referred by the neighbouring Local Authorities, most of whom have gaps in their learning due to their autism diagnosis, high anxieties and prior disaffection with mainstream schools.
At Yarrow Heights, every pupil is valued and treated as an individual and with respect. We are a team with extensive experience and expertise in special education and therapeutic support for pupils whose needs can no longer be met in a mainstream provision. The vision of our school is to nurture aspiration, develop resilience and empower learning. It is centred on our single desire to make a positive, lifelong difference to the lives of our pupils.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £40,000.00 per year OTE
We would be proud to give you a tour of our truly special school. Please speak to Jen our Head of Staff Development & Wellbeing if you would like to arrange this. You will need to complete an application to be considered for this role so please contact us on 02382 124590 or at email@example.com for an application pack or if you have any questions.